What’s in the box?
- Fancy Feet Ball of Foot Cushions
- Secret Clinical Strength Deoderant
- Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe Soft Waves Sea Salt Spray (already used it & it smells AMAZING!)
- PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Naturals
- Vera Wang Embrace
What’s in the box?
I’ve posted about the 10 day cleanse that Advocare has to offer (link to blog post here –> https://lyssrobb.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/10-day-cleanse/ ), but I’d like to cover meal options for those of you who struggle to find ideas. First, I’d like to say that I would NEVER recommend a product that I wouldn’t put into my own body. I trust Advocare and their products 100% and highly recommend them to all who seek a healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy doesn’t have to mean boring, trust me! I’m 100% a true foodie at heart so you know food always hits home with me. 😉 I always like to keep it new & exciting!
There are certain foods that we try to avoid on the cleanse to receive our fullest potential results. Those foods are:
(These products keep toxins alive, like throwing fuel on a fire)
• Coffee, Sodas, Energy Drinks (only drink Spark or Slam)
• White foods/Starches (e.g. white pasta, bagels, white bread, white rice, processed foods, crackers, chips)
• Cooking with Oils (it is best to cook with Water or Broth)
• Sugar, Honey, Desserts – (except for fresh fruits – these are good sugars on the 10-day Cleanse)
• Cheese & Mushrooms (both are “molds” and will help keep toxins alive)
• If at all possible, avoid Dairy Products (cow’s milk, yogurt, butter, etc…dairy products contain lots of sugars and will feed the toxins)
• Fatty Foods, Fried Foods, Fast Foods, Meat with skin or breading
• Ground beef or fatty meats. Turkey meat is much better and you can season it to taste!
• Salad dressings (due to the fat and oil content – use Salsa or fresh squeezed lemon juice and spices instead)
• Canned fruit or vegetables
• Dried fruit coated with sugar
• Instant rice or oatmeal
The following items are optional because they are not a low glycemic carb. For best results, hold off for 10 days:
• Sprouted Grain Bread or Tortillas (Ezekiel is a great brand)
• 100% Whole Grain Pasta
• 100% Whole Wheat Bread (make sure it says 100% or else it’s just white bread in brown clothing –
preferably Stone Ground Wheat)
Now that we know what NOT to have… here are the recommended foods:
• Fresh/Raw Fruits and Veggies (will serve as “S-O-S” pads to scrub out the toxins)
• 100% Whole Grain Rice (Brown rice, Wild rice), Quinoa
• Chicken, Fish, Turkey Breast, Ground Turkey
• Almond Milk, Rice Milk
• Healthy Fats: Avocado, Olives/Olive Oil, Raw Nuts/Seeds (unsalted and not coated with anything)
• Peanut or Almond Butter (no sugar or oil added)
• Beans, Lentils
• Chicken or Vegetable Broths
• Hummus (without the oil)
• Fresh Diluted Juices, Herbal Teas
• Garlic, Spices, Herbs, Fresh Salsa, Taco Seasoning (low sodium)
• For cooking, use water, broth, lemon juice, or the non-stick spray with no calories/fat (do not use oil)
& now to the meal ideas..
30 minutes BEFORE breakfast is your probiotic (AM Herbal Cleanse pack), spark & Catalyst if chosen as an add on.
Right before breakfast mix up your fiber & chug. If you let this sit, it thickens. To add flavor you can add some spark or mio to your fiber drink.
Omegaplex & your multivitamin is taken with your meal & a FULL glass of water to wash down the fiber.
2 slices low sodium Ezekial bread toasted with 4 egg whites & hot sauce. 1/2 cup berries.
Forgot to get pictures of these..
Late Night Snack: (if needed)
Lightly salted rice cake, berries, nuts, whey protein or…
MY FAVORITE!! AWESOME snack to end the evening with. ☕️ I was craving something sweet so I found a hot chocolate recipe that is “cleanse approved”. I honestly LOVED it & will prefer making my hot chocolate this way from now on! Only 40 calories for a cup. Tastes just like the real thing in my book & definitely trumps Swiss miss packets any day.
Here’s how to make it:
• 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 3 Splenda packets or zero calorie sweetener of choice
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla cashew milk (or almond milk)
1. Place first 3 ingredients in a mug along with 1 tbsp of cashew milk. Mix until it forms a paste about 30 seconds (it takes a bit to work in the milk so don’t give up!).
2. Add in 1/4 cup more cashew milk & mix until smooth. Scrape down sides & mix in.
3. Add remainder of the cashew milk & stir to combine.
4. Microwave about 1 1/2 minutes, stir & enjoy your creamy chocolately (healthy😉) goodness!!
Herbal cleanse tablet (herbal cleanse box PM pack).
REMEMBER!! It’s important to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Also, always trim any fat off of your meat & then measure. If you don’t mind spicy, hot sauce will become your BEST FRIEND!! I use it basically on everything for some extra flavor. Low sodium seasonings are also great to add flavor as well as Braggs amino acids (little goes a long way!). You are not limited to these meals, they are simply ideas from what I consumed throughout my cleanse. Also, a cleanse can be done every 90 days. However, the meal plan can be followed as a healthy lifestyle change! Hope this helps!! 🙂
For more information you can visit my website at: http://www.advocare.com/150387067 or feel free to comment below! Thanks! ❤
I separated this recipe into 5 servings for a meal prepped breakfast! Each morning I make a few egg whites to have on the side. You can cool your eggs into the mixture if you’d like, but I don’t like my eggs with cinnamon nor sweet so I prefer not to.
Enjoy the fall flavors!! 🍂🍁🎃
Skinny Mexican Wrap🌯
I meal prepped these ahead of time & heated them in the toaster oven ech day. 😊 I made 5 wraps, but had leftover turkey mixture for each day to each on the side so you could technically make more.
Macros (1 wrap): 39P • 7F • 35C
Triple Chocolate Protein Donuts
Refrigerate to keep fresh!
Macros (1 donut w/o yogurt topping): 9.5P • 1.5F • 15C